Go Team USA

Are you having fun watching the Olympics? I wish I were able to just sit and watch every moment...there is something about seeing athletes show up at their peak, give it their all and triumph. And my favorite part?  When they are standing on the podium...and they hear their national anthem play. You know they have dreamed of that moment...and I always wonder how much they are able to soak it in, or if it is all a blur.  I know I would just be bawling my eyes out...I can barely make it through our national anthem just sitting on the couch!

I have so many projects going on right now with some pretty serious deadlines, so I have had to settle for having the Olympics on in the background...but I do run into the room when I hear tons of cheering.

So I thought I would share my fun nails in honor of the Olympics and Team USA...



Sorry the lighting is bad...but you can get the idea. I have had fun learning stamp on my nails. You can read THIS POST to learn how it is done.  Also, if you are intrigued with nail stamping you will want to check out  Kristina Werner's blog, The Daily Something, devoted to nail art.

Gotta run...deadlines are calling my name.  Enjoy the Olympics and cheer loud for your team - and I won't tell anyone if you get a bit misty eyed when you hear your National Anthem!

In case you are interested in the specific products I used to create these nails:

Base Coat: Seche Vite Bonder
Polish: Maybelline's - Saphire Siren and Revlon Colorstay - Red Carpet
Stamping Polish: Konad Special Polish White
Stamping Plate: Cheeky - CH4
Top Coat: Seche Vite

Have a good rest of the week.  Am working on a new video to show you a few techniques to try when working with stamp sets that are designed to layer on each other...like you saw in the background of this card.


And this sample panel I did to try out some stamps and various color combos...may have to challenge myself to actually complete a card with my rather eclectic color combos!  Heee heeeee! It is all good fun!  Let me know if you would like a tutorial on the 2-3 step stamp process...the emphasis will not be on MAKING a card...but just how to use these stamps to get beautiful imagery - like on this sample  sheet.


Have a great rest of the week...Be kind to those people who don't seem to deserve it...and throw yourself 100% into whatever you do...and determine to learn something new...these are my "standing goals" for myself this week....OH...AND MOST IMPORTANTLY be kind to the artist inside of you! 

Comments

  1. I can't believe you can do that on your own nails!! I love it!! Do mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:38 PM

    After grubbing about in compost and soil my nails would not look nice at all Jann! I think I have put polish on them once :)
    Oh I always feel a little teary when Team GB win a medal especially the ladies who have done very well.
    Looking forward to a video Jann when time and deadlines allow :)

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying the Olympics immensely and watching it each night jumping off my couch yelling for Michael to go for gold. I'm so glad he listened to me! lol And yes, crying when our national anthem is played. Loved the nails when I saw them in your video so go Team Jann for with win!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"